Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One More Case In Favor of Kitchen Shears


Kitchen shears are one of those little additions that chefs will argue over the utility of endlessly. They are by no means required for every kitchen, but they could possibly find some use in yours! Check out "One More Case In Favor of Kitchen Shears" below!

My Kitchen Shears Do That?




This is by no means a breakthrough, but I thought it curious that after all my years of using kitchen shears, I just now realized that the notch on the edge of the blades, as well as the holes in the center of the handles, can be used for opening bottles. And they actually work pretty well, too.
Cooks often debate about whether or not kitchen shears are necessary — I think they are as I use them for everything from trimming rosemary off a bush to chopping chicken into tiny pieces for lettuce wraps. Now this new discovery adds even more utility to the kitchen shears.
My Kitchen Shears Do That?
Next time you need a bottle opener try them out. Definitely no uni-taskers here.
Do you use your kitchen shears to open bottles?
(Images: Chris Perez)




Original Article Here: http://bit.ly/17vu47c

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More