Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cleaning Throughout Your Daily Routine


Do you have trouble sticking to a cleaning schedule?  Check out this great article about how to incorporate cleaning into your daily routine.  This will prevent you from avoiding the tasks you hate, and it will keep your home clean all year around.
Since moving from a one-bedroom apartment to a three-bedroom house, I've struggled with staying on top of cleaning and household chores. One way that I've kept order is by making quick tasks part of my getting-ready-for-work and just-getting-home-from-work routine.
 
A pattern has developed naturally. After I shower, I wipe down my bathroom countertop and faucet. (If there is one area where I'm fastidiously clean, that's it.) If I've run the dishwasher the night before, I empty it as my cup of Barry's tea steeps. A little while later, on my way downstairs to go out the door, I collect any dirty cups and glasses or trash/recycling and put them where they belong. Once I'm back home in the evening, I take the first half hour or so to put things away and quickly tidy up.

As I've turned these basic tasks into habits, they feel less like chores. I still struggle to commit the time to doing things like vacuuming, mopping, and dusting everywhere, but I'm having an easier time accepting the never-ending cycle of household chores.

How do you make chores a part of your day? Do you have a cleaning schedule you stick to?

For more information see Apartment Therapy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More